Northern Lights in the hidden fjords of Norway, 4 daysAddress: Strandveien 106, 9000 Tromsø Date: Tuesday 29 jan 2019 - Tuesday 16 Apr 2019
Address: Strandveien 106, 9000 Tromsø
Few places can coincide with the beautiful and undiscovered hidden winter fjords of Northern Norway. The rough and mighty Alps are raising from the sea level to the highest peak are powdered with snow and blue winter light. Even in the darkest period of the polar night the blue pastel colours of the sky are magnificent. In addition, the mysterious landscape is often illuminated by the legendary Northern Lights during clear nights, making up for the relatively short days of “daylight”.
When cruising through this spectacular scenery filled impressions and wildlife to explore the arctic way of living, we will try to give something in return to the nature and the locals by inviting our guest on board to clean a hidden beach.
We invite you onboard the comfortable small expedition ship M/V Quest. We will cruise the sheltered coastline, inside and along a beautiful archipelago of islands, keeping our eyes peeled for wildlife and occasionally exploring the land by snowshoes and make photo sessions to catch the Northern Light
For the last couple of winters a huge number of Orcas and Humpback Whales have joined an annual hunt for herring in the North-Norwegian fjords. We are sailing in the area where the herring feast is expected to join the party. The travelling pattern of both the whales and herring is rather unpredictable so we aim to be highly flexible with our schedule and route.
● Experience the Arctic & Polar Night on the small ship M/V Quest
● Amazing opportunities to see the Northern Lights
● Northern Norwegian wildlife including White-tailed Eagles, Orcas and Humpback Whales
● Beautiful snow-capped mountains and pristine wilderness
● Polar city of Tromsø & remote Norwegian villages
● Experience the life North of the Arctic Circle in the Polar Night
● Selections of local harbours with possibilities to experience local history, culture and lifestyle.
Detailed itinerary for 4 days - 3 nights:
Day 1: Tromsø. We are arriving in Tromsø, located 350 km north of the Polar Circle. After the transfer from the airport to the ship M/V Quest (on the waterfront pier in Tromsø harbour) we have some free time in the city centre. Tromsø is known as the “Gateway to the Arctic” and located on an island it is surrounded by perpetually snow-clad, mile-high peaks.
After lunch, we will spend the afternoon visiting the “Polar Museum”, where we will learn about early days of polar explorers who often started their journeys from here. During the evening, we will invite you for a cocktail, followed by dinner, and a chance to meet your new shipmates. The ship will set sail during evening towards the fjord areas. Leaving the harbour and thus the light pollution of the city, we might already have the chance of seeing Northern Lights this evening.
Days 2-3: Expedition cruising in Northern Norway
From now on we are in full expedition mode, cruising along the spectacular fjords and snow-covered mountains. The itinerary for the following days will be highly dependent on the weather conditions and the wildlife.
Our Plan A will be cruising northeast towards Kvænangen at the border to Finnmark where we also hope to spot White-tailed Eagles, Humpbacks whales or Orcas from the ship. Depending on our exact route we plan to visit places like Reinfjord, Spildra, Skorpa, Jøkelfjorden or Valanhamn. We aim to have one night onshore to participate on a snowshoe excursion with the possibility of choosing different activity levels is planned.
In addition, we will have a lecture program about the local animals, Northern Lights and photography, onboard.
Day 4: Tromsø We arrive back to Tromsø harbour in the morning, where we disembark M/V Quest for your group transfer to the airport and further journey back home. Some guests might also have booked an extension with an overnight stay at a hotel in Tromsø town followed by other activities.
Triple cabin NOK 16.390.-
Twin cabin NOK 19.200.-
Twin cabin plus NOK 19.990.-
Double cabin NOK 19.990,-
Double cabin superior. NOK 22.392,-,-
Owners cabin NOK 26.390.-
Twin cabin for single use NOK27.990,-
● 4 days overnight adventure on board M/V Quest
● All meals, coffee and tea
● All activities on board including lectures
● Museum visit in Tromsø?
● An experienced Expedition leader & Guide team.
● Group transfers from/to airport in Tromsø.
● All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
● Airfare or other travel modes to/from Tromsø
● Personal clothing and equipment
● Alcoholic beverages
● Personal travel insurance
● Pre- and post-voyage packages with flights and hotel available upon request
● We recommend to combine land based winter activities such as dog sledding or snowmobiling as a pre-tour or extension (with an overnight stay at hotel in Tromsø)
Please contact us for further information:
OPEN MON – FRI 08:00 – 16:00
TEL: +47 918 00 000
Book now - choose start date and product
About this activity
Phone booking00 918 00 000
Contact person email